Friday, July 27, 2007

The Year was 1978



It's Funky Friday and you know what that means.
It's time for me to divulge a little more of myself to you.
Can you stand it?

The following article was published in the local paper in September of 1978 of the small town where I once lived. This was actually news worthy back then. Could you imagine? Of course so were (still are) the obituaries and the local criminals. A regular National Enquirer. It reeked of scandal. Meet small town
U.S. A.


Ten senior girls shown below will be on pins and needles *snort* life altering event until Monday's student body election and results are over and they know whether they will be the 1978 Homecoming Queen or one of her two attendants. Insert: loyal subjects.....

Oh my g-d. It was worse than any sleazy politician running for office. The lovelies would "corner" their prey in the lunch room where they had no where to run or hide. Vultures. They were on a mission. I've never seen anything quite like it in all my life. But, hey I had only been at this small country school for 6 weeks. (Yes, my parent's moved me in my Senior year-I was a bad girl). But there was a lot at stake here. I know you're thinking college scholarship or *gasp* money--we all like money. But, no, these girls had campaigned their entire school career for this fleeting moment. This was about who was more popular and of course the "coveted" crown. Sort of like here in "blogland". It's all the same. We're just older now. lol.


Ok, who can guess which 3 it was? Stay tuned next week when the ballots (no hangin' chads either) are in and the lucky three are given the "lucky" rose. Their lives will never be the same. Bwahahaha... What will become of them?













24 comments:

aimeeg said...

So funny. My niece was just on Homecoming this year, and although it didn't make the paper, it was still the hugest event in town, haha.

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

OMG ~ Did we live in the same small twon!

BTW ~ Finally got the MEME done!

RamblingMother said...

The photo is a little grainy, which one are you, backrow?

Beverly

RamblingMother said...

What is up with your blog? The ads are popping up annoyingly. Are they supposed to do that? And is it working because I am looking for extra income.

Bev

insanemommy said...

I think I have the blog thing fixed!

crazylady said...

I still see solicitation and gratuitous subliminal advertising. I think that is the new career for Rony....
I'd bet my cash, you made homecoming in 6 weeks on arrival. Isn't that how fast you made blogcoming queen?

"M2" said...

OMG.........where we are I am NOT kidding......it is beauty pageant land
like out of a psycho movie....all the little girls are in pageants.
and....... DH's cousin married a former Miss SC......
how proud her parents must be
BWA HA HA

kitchu said...

Leave us hanging... but I think we can guess ONE... wink wink.

Mr.Brian said...

Well if you did not make the final three I am going back to that school and tell them I demand a recount.
You little shit ,I bet you made queen too!!!!How did you do it?????
You going to make us wait a week?????Some of us can get pretty anoying in a short time.

redmaryjanes said...

Yeah, those were my girlfriends. I went to prom with the prom king.

"M2" said...

ok.........per your last comment on my blog
you've had enough wine for tonight

Calico Sky said...

Hillarious!

kerri said...

You can't leave me hanging...

Steffie B. said...

Hey...don't be ripping into me here girl....I look hot in that picture.....you just sooooo wanna be me!

Elizabeth said...

You little vixen, leaving us with such a cliff hanger.....

Steffie B. said...

There is no cliff hanger.....I'm the queen! ;)

Nikki said...

Yes Stef! You ARE the queen...

The only tiera I ever wore was on my wedding day. (Queen for a day)

Steffie B. said...

Nikki....I bet you were naked too! BAhahhaha

Jeff and Valerie said...

Spill it!

Steffie B. said...

Where are you my little sex kitten? I am missing you!

Courtney said...

And the answer is??!

Diana said...

The answer is.......STEFFIE!!!!!
Rony you are the back row far right, I'd recognize that coiff anywhere.
Back to weddings and tiaras, is underwear optional or mandatory on wedding days?Bwahaha

Lori said...

Ok, this is creepy. I am in that picture...the back row, far right, and I'm NOT kidding!!

Steffie B. said...

No...no...nooooo....."I'm" in the back row, far right.....sheeesh people...get over it!